Have you guys seen the 11 Random Things floating around blogland? Oh, you have? 600 times? Whoops. I got tagged by several kind people but I'm going to be honest - the whole thing looked intimidating and like a lot of work. For me the blog is entirely for fun, and anything that too closely resembles work is a no-go.
So I'm cheating. Like, completely changing the whole thing because I'm just that lazy. Typical. First I want to thank the lovely ladies who tagged me for the post:
Heather @ Will Run for Coffee
Sammy @ Happy Family, Healthy Family
Jenn @ Jenn's Adventures
Amanda @ Run to the Finish
Amy @ Juice Boxes and Crayolas
Jen @ Runner...Maybe?
Meg @ Junk Food Runner
If I don't participate at all then I'm just a grinchy spoil sport, so my compromise is...10 random things. Enjoy.
1. I have a weird relationship with milk. I don't like it plain, ever - not even in cereal. I sniff it every single morning before putting a splash in my tea because I'm convinced that it's gone off, but I actually don't even know what spoiled milk smells like. So I also ask hubby to check, just to be safe.
2. The thing I'm looking forward to most in the world AND dreading most in the world is running another marathon. Not sure if it should be like that.
3. You know that sleep in the corner of your eyes? That drives me CRAZY. I used to clean out my siblings eyes in the morning, and still do it to my cats. It's completely obsessive and yes, absolutely ridiculous.
4. My blog has evolved over time significantly. In the first few months I was trying so hard to have a food diary kind of blog and it was the lamest thing ever. I'm actually thinking about deleting some of those earlier posts.
5. I had a special album of wedding pictures set aside to mail my grandma a few months ago. I had it by the door for weeks with the intention of putting it in the mail the next time I went into town. She passed away before I had it in the mail and it broke my heart. I feel incredible guilt for not mailing it sooner so she could see them.
6. I dream big. Every time I have a great 8 mile run I plan an ultra. When I get good feedback from clients for an article I write I imagine what it will be like to be a best selling author. I should probably find some middle ground somewhere.
7. I hate having my husband (or anyone, for that matter) read my blog posts while they are in progress. I will let him read them once they're done, but I get so anxious having someone over my shoulder as I type.
8. I have a favorite cat. I can't believe I'm saying that. I love them both but the boy is cuddlier, snugglier, meowier and all around more adorable. I feel bad for the girl cat but that's life, kitten. If cats ever take over the world I'm screwed.
9. I cut my workout short yesterday because the building inspector was coming over and I was petrified of a nude shower repeat of Wednesday. Kept my buns to myself this time, for the record.
10. Even though I hate bananas on their own, I love banana bread and banana flavored candy. Something about the texture of real bananas just creeps me out. Maybe because I lived on a banana farm for several years and ate them until I was sick? Could be.
Hope everyone is having a good start to the weekend! Saturday's plan is a little work and then hopefully a long run - weather permitting.
Any random facts about you? Spill!
Do you participate in these tagging games? Do you like it?
I love reading other people's posts but I always feel guilty about skipping them when I'm tagged myself.