Skip to main content

Bloggers To Brag About....

Last Friday I asked you to leave a comment telling me about a recent AWESOME workout that you were really proud of. Way too many of you have this whole "modesty" thing going on (don't worry, I haven't caught it. I'm amazing) and need a chance to brag a little every once in a while. So, without further ado, here are some people you should give a little round of applause for, ok? I don't care if you're at work. Just clap.
Source


CupCake@ Bigger Girls Can Run Too: I did have a rather kick butt cross training workout a while ago. 2 solid hours of dancing. I love dacing, I'm just not all that good at it haha. Yeah you did! 2 hours of dancing is a crazy workout!


ChristinaMy favorite workout of the week was my speed day on Wednesday! Fun! I don't call speedwork "fun" because I'm a wuss, but you clearly aren't!


DEMMy workout that impressed me the most this week was my run to the gym and spin class in a new gym with a new instructor - it went really well and I felt awesome afterwards! Yay for new classes and new instructors!


MalloryI am most proud of the 11 miles I did on the treadmill yesterday!! I felt so hardcore.You should be proud--that is a long time to be on the treadmill!


Erica I'm most proud of still teaching pump at 9 months, 1 week pregnant! How can you compete with that? AWESOME.


Emily @ Sweating SugarI will never miss an op to brag- I did a speed workout the other day and I went faster than normal and felt super human. AWESOME. Love those runs! And good girl for not missing a chance to brag, haha!


The Hungered OneMost proud of my 5k this week. hooray :) First ever 5k right here. Great job!


Lisa {eatprayrun-lisa.blogspot.com}I have almost no recent exercise achievements since I've been recovering from a stress fracture. I suppose making it 6 weeks without running and NOT going crazy is my accomplishment!! Seriously, not going crazy is beyond hard to do. I'm so impressed!


Christina @ The AthletarianI'm proud of the partner yoga class I did yesterday! It was so much fun and some of the moves were pretty tough! So cool! You have to go see the pictures she just posted of this class---crazy poses!


LauraI just got back from a 5.5 mile run... and the first 3.5 miles were uphill! EXHAUSTED!! But proud.. .Tackling hills definitely deserves some applause. Nicely done!


LindseyThe workout I'm proud of is running 7.18 miles yesterday - that's my longest one so far! A distance PR is so exciting....plus, she's running this in Tanzania! Suddenly sounds more hardcore, right?


Source




Thank you all for letting me know about all your recent achievements. It's so great to be celebrated for all the wonderful things in your lives!


I want to try something fun in the comments: leave a word of congratulations or encouragement to one of the bloggers mentioned here in the post. Keep the love rolling, people! You all deserve it! Then---go ahead and tell me something you're proud of, fitness-wise. Go!

Comments

  1. Great idea, V!

    To The Hungered One - congrats on your first 5K! Awesome stuff!!! More to come, I'm sure!

    AFM, I am feeling pretty pumped that I was able to incorporate tri training. A little over a week ago, I would have told you I will bever do a tri. Here I am signing up for three and hitting the pool & wheels 3x per week. LOOK OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job to everyone! Great job not going crazy and listening to the doctor's orders, Lisa! I had a stress fracture once, it was terrible. Good job taking care of YOU.

    Something I'm proud of... I'm proud of having exercised the last 10 days in a row! Woo-hoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to everyone! Those are all amazing achievements!

    @ Mallory- How do you run that long on a treadmill without losing your sanity? I can usually go 3 miles at most... and that's only with the help of Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! Thank you! You're so sweet and now I feel all special. :D Some of these workouts sound awesome!

    @CupCake - Jeopardy makes everything better!

    @ Marlene - thanks so much!

    Everyone did so awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Freaking awesome! Love this. Congrats to everyone on all of your fitness accomplishments.

    @Erica- You are a ROCKSTAR!!

    @The Hungered One- Congrats on your first 5k! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't just pick one so congratulations to everyone!!

    I was so excited yesterday when I was able to help the husband move the washer and dryer. Seems like weight training is paying off! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it. Congrats to everyone on your achievements. And the ability to brag. I am working on that one.

    :)

    Elle
    We can begin to feed...

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg that picture is amazing. that sign has absolutely nothing to do with running yet would be SO awesome to see during a race. It would def make me run faster and smile :)

    Congrats to everyone above, but if I have to pick one...ummm Erica? Really?!? That is beyond belief and simply awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to all y'all! But Mallory- 11 miles on a treadmill?!?! I can barely handle 3!

    I'm proud of getting out and running 10 miles alone on Saturday when I was expecting to have company. It was hot, but I just put on some podcasts and got 'er done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY for CUPCAKE! I am not a good dancer hahaha so I totally get where you're coming from! You go girl :D Keep it up with the cross training!!

    Pride for me?... Last week I bench pressed 100lbs 4x and did 3 unassisted pull-ups from a dead hang :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Erica - teaching PUMP and about to have a baby?!?! HOLY AWESOMENESS! What an inspiring girl!

    I know it sounds so minute, but I am proud of being able to do 10 push ups. I know it's not a lot but it is a huge accomplishment for me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is awesome!! We have to realize how amazing we are, great way to highlight it

    ReplyDelete
  13. 11 miles on a treadmill makes me tired just imagining it!!!

    I had to comment on the pic of the sign up there..when I ran a half marathon last year, someone was standing on the sidelines with a sign that read "Hello Complete Stranger, You Inspire Me" The guy holding that sign made my run.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Running to Music- that's an AMAZING sign! That would have made my run as well. To the point where I might have paused mid-run and hugged him haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great post!!!! It's a great reminder to celebrate the great workouts as much or more than we get down about our hard ones.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post!! A big Congratulations to all of you!!

    I am most proud that I have been getting up every day for the last few weeks and doing some form of exercise. It's been a looooooooong while since I've done that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to Cupcake! I love being a bad dancer too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woo-hoo!!! Amazing job ladies!!!

    Erica: You are officially my hero...and congrats on your new baby!!

    I am proud that I am finding ways to conquer the mental aspect of Marathon training...I will attempt my first 26.2 in 3 months!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is my first time visiting your blog, and already I'm in love with the inspiration!

    @Mallory... 11 MILES on a treadmill? I can't force my brain through more than 6. YOU ROCK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow everyone is so inspirational!! The running community rocks so hardcore it's unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for mentioning me - whoa, now I'm almost famous! ;) Haha! These people are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Man oh man, y'all just made me feel AWESOME!!!! I had never done 11 miles on a treadmill before but it's been so darn hot and humid outside that it is the only safe way for me to get a long run in!!! I LOVE the running community for all the support!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mad props to EVERYONE! Can I get an amen? Anyone that is getting out there and moving deserves some applause!!!
    Mallory, 11 miles on the treadmill, WTG!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Race the Bar 5k Recap (AKA: A Personal Worst!)

Do you remember a few weeks back, when I was all braggy about running in Florida in February/March? Sunny mornings around a lake with a light breeze off the water have turned, cruelly, into humid stretches of time where I am humbly reminded of my own limitations. You guys, I see these gazelle-like creatures, men and women alike, who prance on my running route with compression socks, a soft glow of perspiration at their brow. It's beautiful. It's also a harsh reminder that I am not them. I am currently running in the thinnest, smallest items of clothing I can without offending anyone (shirt stays on, people). I dare not step outside without some awful visor or wide-brimmed hat. When I hop in the shower after a run, my face is a deep crimson that causes my husband to voice his concern for my general well-being. Have I mentioned this is what happens after my easy runs, with a few walk breaks thrown in? Yeah. It's humbling. Now, I'm not complaining. It's beautiful

1st Wedding Anniversary--Celebrating with Chocolate!

One year ago today, I married the love of my life. And I couldn't be happier! In celebration of our very first anniversary, here are some pictures of our favorite moments together: Our first trail race together Hiking together in GA And of course, our wonderful wedding in Hong Kong. We both decided to keep things very simple, with a casual ceremony with a few friends and family and then lunch at the Mandarin Oriental. Exactly what I wanted! With our parents after making it official! Our entire wedding party. Just family and dear friends! Goofing around with my garter at the reception lunch! You think you know what couples do after they get married? You know, their first night at man and wife? If you guessed eat ridiculously delicious chocolates in their bed at the Grand Hyatt, you're right.  Oh, I haven't changed. One year later and I still celebrate with sweet things! Thanks Tim, for being a wonderful husband. I love you!

Brace Yourselves: Cuteness is Coming

One of the hardest things about moving, for me, was wondering how the cats would adjust each time. Although our cats are super travelers at this stage, I feel really guilty every time we have to pack them up and force them onto a plane. I remember my grandma telling me years ago that when she moved with a cat, they put butter on their paws. That way, the cats spent the first day in a new house licking their paws to get them clean, and that was enough time to lose the "smell" of the old house. I love that story, and I wish the same principle applied to longer moves. Anyway, that's a super long intro to say that for the fellow cat ladies out there, our three fur babies are insanely happy in this jungle gym of a home here in Florida. It's warm, there are plenty of sunny spots to curl up a take a nap, and they have lots of room to spread out. Despite the space, of course, they still usually want to take a nap on my head at night. Obviously. They also love climbing on ou