1. I was born in South Africa, and lived there until I was 5. I also lived in Hawaii for nearly 10 years, Germany for one year, Pennsylvania for 2, New Jersey for 1, England for 3 months (does that even count?) Hong Kong for almost 4 years, and now Georgia for the last 6 months. (If you're doing tons of crazy math to figure out how old I am, I'll save you the trouble--I'm 23)
2. I have paddled on an outrigger canoe team, ridden a horse in a barrel racing competition, competed in rugby tournaments in college, danced my heart out on a stage, paddled in a dragon boat race in Hong Kong, and signed up for my first marathon this November. Jack of all trades, master of none.
3. I proposed to my husband. We had discussed marriage previously, but I specifically said for him never to ask me. I knew if he did, I couldn't say no, whether I was ready to or not. One day, I suddenly got very serious, and asked him to marry me. He said yes!
4. It took me one hour to find, try on, and buy my wedding dress. And shoes, for that matter. I bought a simple white sleeveless dress fro Ann Taylor, nude heels from Aldo, and was ready to go. The day of my wedding, I did my own hair and make-up (in front of the hubs) and it took me about 15 minutes.
|Me and the rentals on my wedding day|
5. I hate bananas. As one of the big "running foods" you might expect to see them on my blog. Never. I once lived on a banana farm and ate more of them than any person should eat in a lifetime. At some point I decided enough was enough. I don't care how much potassium is in them, I just won't do it! I will, however, eat banana bread, banana muffins, and banana flavored candies. Go figure!
6. I have always wanted braces and straight black hair. Living in Hawaii, I had a lot of Japanese friends growing up, and many of them wore braces. I tried to purposely have an overbite at the dentist, and hated my curly blonde hair growing up! It got darker with age, but what I would give for straight hair, even in humidity.....
|My very un-blonde, not-straight hair at age 5|
Alright, enough randomness for one post. I would love to do a Q & A post too, where I can answer any questions you have for me--running, work, fitness, family, marriage, food, whatever. Post them in the comments, or send me an email and I will leave it anonymous in the future post if you prefer.
Anything random you want to share with me? Or any questions for a future Q & A post?