- So I have a reason to carbo-load
- I sleep better at night
- Because everything is better after a run
- Running clears my head and lets me focus
- It makes me stronger
- It makes me faster
- It gives me a reason to spend time outside
- It’s perfect to do when I need time to myself
- So I can be as cool as Janae and eat bags of candy to restore my glycogen levels
- Monster calves are awesome
- I just moved to a new area, and races are a great place to meet new people!
- Running stabilizes my mood
- It’s good for my heart and lungs
- Even though my hubby is awesome at everything, it feels good to run further than him :)
- You can watch bad reality TV while on the treadmill and not feel guilty!
- You can do it anywhere.
- Only 0.1% of people have run a marathon. I want to be one of them!
- Running clothes/shoes = more reasons to go shopping.
- I explore so many more places looking for places to run.
- I can track my progress and see improvement
- It has to be more productive to look at running websites than celeb gossip ones
- Hanging up your running medals looks awesome and impressive
- Passing people is a major self-esteem booster :)
- How else would I take sexy sweaty post-run photos?
- I get to make so many running blog friends
- Because it’s awesome!
Ok, there you have it! I am signed up to run a half-marathon in about 6 weeks, but I have it in my head to run a marathon this year before my birthday in November. I haven't signed up for one yet, but I'm in the process of picking one and I'll post when I'm registered.
|Me and hubs running a trail race|
Today's workout was 5 miles in 47 minutes (9:24 pace) and felt good to run after yesterday's long run. Another beautiful day of weather here, it's so beautiful!
What are your reasons for running?
What motivated you to run your most recent race?