Skip to main content

26 Reasons I Run

  1. So I have a reason to carbo-load
  2. I sleep better at night
  3. Because everything is better after a run
  4. Running clears my head and lets me focus
  5. It makes me stronger
  6. It makes me faster
  7. It gives me a reason to spend time outside
  8. It’s perfect to do when I need time to myself
  9. So I can be as cool as Janae and eat bags of candy to restore my glycogen levels
  10. Monster calves are awesome
  11. I just moved to a new area, and races are a great place to meet new people!
  12. Running stabilizes my mood 
  13. It’s good for my heart and lungs
  14. Even though my hubby is awesome at everything, it feels good to run further than him :)
  15. You can watch bad reality TV while on the treadmill and not feel guilty!
  16. You can do it anywhere.
  17. Only 0.1% of people have run a marathon. I want to be one of them!
  18. Running clothes/shoes = more reasons to go shopping. 
  19. I explore so many more places looking for places to run. 
  20. I can track my progress and see improvement
  21. It has to be more productive to look at running websites than celeb gossip ones
  22. Hanging up your running medals looks awesome and impressive
  23. Passing people is a major self-esteem booster :)
  24. How else would I take sexy sweaty post-run photos?
  25. I get to make so many running blog friends
  26. Because it’s awesome!

Ok, there you have it! I am signed up to run a half-marathon in about 6 weeks, but I have it in my head to run a marathon this year before my birthday in November. I haven't signed up for one yet, but I'm in the process of picking one and I'll post when I'm registered. 
Me and hubs running a trail race

Today's workout was 5 miles in 47 minutes (9:24 pace) and felt good to run after yesterday's long run. Another beautiful day of weather here, it's so beautiful!

What are your reasons for running?

What motivated you to run your most recent race?

Comments

  1. I agree with all your reasons! I especially love exploring new, pretty places to spend time outside. My main motivation for my last race (my first marathon!) was just to push myself a little more. And I love long runs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I run because it just makes my life better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in ga too! Your blog is the first I've found from Ga. I'm a little south of you in kennesa. What half are you running? I wanna run it too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for entering my giveaway!! so excited about it :)

    LOVE your reasons to run...I pretty much could choose any of those and make them my own as well :) I LOVE to run because it makes me feel good, clears my head and I LOVE being outside. Plus I am excited to be one of that .1% hopefully this June! My last race was a training race but I was also shooting for a half PR...got it by 15 minutes! I still think about that race for motivation to get back out there post-injury! Have a GREAT night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your reasons. Very motivating and just what I needed for today!! THANK YOU. Some of the reasons I run are the same as yours... actually a lot of them are!!! What motivated me for my most recent race was wanting to beat my old 5k PR and I did!! I have another race in 24 days... a half. I'm hoping to beat my previous half PR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post idea!!

    I think I'm gonna borrow this idea for today's post!

    And I totally relate to #14!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this!!! I think that I need to come up with my own list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you'd like an alternative to randomly picking up girls and trying to find out the right thing to do...

    If you would prefer to have women chase YOU, instead of spending your nights prowling around in crowded bars and night clubs...

    Then I encourage you to play this eye-opening video to uncover a strange secret that might get you your personal harem of attractive women:

    Facebook Seduction System...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Race the Bar 5k Recap (AKA: A Personal Worst!)

Do you remember a few weeks back, when I was all braggy about running in Florida in February/March? Sunny mornings around a lake with a light breeze off the water have turned, cruelly, into humid stretches of time where I am humbly reminded of my own limitations. You guys, I see these gazelle-like creatures, men and women alike, who prance on my running route with compression socks, a soft glow of perspiration at their brow. It's beautiful. It's also a harsh reminder that I am not them. I am currently running in the thinnest, smallest items of clothing I can without offending anyone (shirt stays on, people). I dare not step outside without some awful visor or wide-brimmed hat. When I hop in the shower after a run, my face is a deep crimson that causes my husband to voice his concern for my general well-being. Have I mentioned this is what happens after my easy runs, with a few walk breaks thrown in? Yeah. It's humbling. Now, I'm not complaining. It's beautiful

1st Wedding Anniversary--Celebrating with Chocolate!

One year ago today, I married the love of my life. And I couldn't be happier! In celebration of our very first anniversary, here are some pictures of our favorite moments together: Our first trail race together Hiking together in GA And of course, our wonderful wedding in Hong Kong. We both decided to keep things very simple, with a casual ceremony with a few friends and family and then lunch at the Mandarin Oriental. Exactly what I wanted! With our parents after making it official! Our entire wedding party. Just family and dear friends! Goofing around with my garter at the reception lunch! You think you know what couples do after they get married? You know, their first night at man and wife? If you guessed eat ridiculously delicious chocolates in their bed at the Grand Hyatt, you're right.  Oh, I haven't changed. One year later and I still celebrate with sweet things! Thanks Tim, for being a wonderful husband. I love you!

Brace Yourselves: Cuteness is Coming

One of the hardest things about moving, for me, was wondering how the cats would adjust each time. Although our cats are super travelers at this stage, I feel really guilty every time we have to pack them up and force them onto a plane. I remember my grandma telling me years ago that when she moved with a cat, they put butter on their paws. That way, the cats spent the first day in a new house licking their paws to get them clean, and that was enough time to lose the "smell" of the old house. I love that story, and I wish the same principle applied to longer moves. Anyway, that's a super long intro to say that for the fellow cat ladies out there, our three fur babies are insanely happy in this jungle gym of a home here in Florida. It's warm, there are plenty of sunny spots to curl up a take a nap, and they have lots of room to spread out. Despite the space, of course, they still usually want to take a nap on my head at night. Obviously. They also love climbing on ou