Skip to main content

Ikea Madness!

Since we are building a new house, we went to Ikea to order our entire kitchen. We decided to basically get EVERYTHING from there--including the appliances. We drove about 90 minutes into Atlanta to get to the Ikea there, and arrived when they opened around 10. We were finished a gazillion years 4 1/2 hours later. This isn't us walking around for hours picking things out, keep in mind. This is us standing in one place in the kitchen department at a computer talking to the staff to go over the kitchen cabinets and logistics of it all. Lunch was a long time coming and the second we were done I basically sprinted over to their restaurant to eat. I got a veggie wrap and tomato veggie soup:

Does that spoon look dirty to you?

I was pleasantly surprised about the wrap. It was full of mung bean sprouts, cucumber, carrots, and onions. I saw a white sauce in the wrap and was slightly dreading a mayonnaise drenched, soggy wrap. Instead, it was a really nice mild yogurt sauce, maybe with a hint of basil? And no soggy wrap, bonus!

Since I was in Ikea I picked up a some rye crisp breads. For dinner I topped them with some sliced ham and salad mix. A little balsamic and it was the perfect quick meal! A side of green beans rounded it out:


Today's run was 5.5 miles outside in what I would have to say was perfect weather. Warm, cloudy, a slight breeze. Ran them in 51:30 (9:21 pace), and felt great!

You know you have one--Ikea stories? I swear when I go in there for a lamp I leave with a couch and some rugs instead. Yikes!

What is the perfect running temperature/conditions for you?



Comments

  1. Oh lord...I love me some Ikea. I could be in there for hours. Lots of stuff in my apartment is from there: http://runwithsam.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-new-place-before-and-after.html (pics)

    If you go back spend the best dang $1 of your life on a cinnamon bun (after a long run of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ikea. I can get lost in there for hours even if I don't need anything. In fact, I've definitely made it an afternoon activity when I needed nothing at all. Just give me those cinnamon buns and coffee and let me wander. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I just posted about Ikea the other day!! I never leave Ikea without chocolate :) And candles.

    My favorite running weather is around 70* and sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IKEA...and the first ikea i ever went to was the ATL ikea so it has a special place in my heart :) I am a tiny bit obsessed with Atlanta...haha. I always buy the weirdest things there when I go...most often little kitchen odds and ends.

    The perfect running temp for me is 50s, clear skies and sunny :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I wish we had an Ikea close by. That looks fun!

    I LOVE it when it's 60's and cloudy. I love sunshine, too, as long as it isn't too hot. This is the best time of year to run in the south!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Race the Bar 5k Recap (AKA: A Personal Worst!)

Do you remember a few weeks back, when I was all braggy about running in Florida in February/March? Sunny mornings around a lake with a light breeze off the water have turned, cruelly, into humid stretches of time where I am humbly reminded of my own limitations. You guys, I see these gazelle-like creatures, men and women alike, who prance on my running route with compression socks, a soft glow of perspiration at their brow. It's beautiful. It's also a harsh reminder that I am not them. I am currently running in the thinnest, smallest items of clothing I can without offending anyone (shirt stays on, people). I dare not step outside without some awful visor or wide-brimmed hat. When I hop in the shower after a run, my face is a deep crimson that causes my husband to voice his concern for my general well-being. Have I mentioned this is what happens after my easy runs, with a few walk breaks thrown in? Yeah. It's humbling. Now, I'm not complaining. It's beautiful

1st Wedding Anniversary--Celebrating with Chocolate!

One year ago today, I married the love of my life. And I couldn't be happier! In celebration of our very first anniversary, here are some pictures of our favorite moments together: Our first trail race together Hiking together in GA And of course, our wonderful wedding in Hong Kong. We both decided to keep things very simple, with a casual ceremony with a few friends and family and then lunch at the Mandarin Oriental. Exactly what I wanted! With our parents after making it official! Our entire wedding party. Just family and dear friends! Goofing around with my garter at the reception lunch! You think you know what couples do after they get married? You know, their first night at man and wife? If you guessed eat ridiculously delicious chocolates in their bed at the Grand Hyatt, you're right.  Oh, I haven't changed. One year later and I still celebrate with sweet things! Thanks Tim, for being a wonderful husband. I love you!

Brace Yourselves: Cuteness is Coming

One of the hardest things about moving, for me, was wondering how the cats would adjust each time. Although our cats are super travelers at this stage, I feel really guilty every time we have to pack them up and force them onto a plane. I remember my grandma telling me years ago that when she moved with a cat, they put butter on their paws. That way, the cats spent the first day in a new house licking their paws to get them clean, and that was enough time to lose the "smell" of the old house. I love that story, and I wish the same principle applied to longer moves. Anyway, that's a super long intro to say that for the fellow cat ladies out there, our three fur babies are insanely happy in this jungle gym of a home here in Florida. It's warm, there are plenty of sunny spots to curl up a take a nap, and they have lots of room to spread out. Despite the space, of course, they still usually want to take a nap on my head at night. Obviously. They also love climbing on ou