Skip to main content

Curly Fries and Crazy Hair

It's Saturday morning and when I woke up 20 minutes ago, my husband was kind enough to point out a group of runners being awesome and running right outside our window. Today is supposed to be rest day (and we have some awesome plans) but now I'm re-thinking. They really looked like they were having fun and maybe I'll run outside later on their next loop and say hi! Or maybe I'll just relax and do nothing and say nice recovering things to my legs instead. I vote the second one!   :)
I had a coupon for some Arby's curly fries only valid for yesterday:


Clearly, I could not turn down free curly fries. Plus, free = no calories. Everybody knows that. So off we went to redeem it. Those guys at Arby's are tricky. We went in for free fries but ending up spending $10 on food. Whoops. I decided to add a side salad to my curlies and call it a meal:


Somehow hubs managed to upgrade to a ginormo meal without knowing so we had a gallon of diet coke and another pound of curly fries too. We're still getting used to the southern accents and when in doubt we just nod. 

I promise I am not a midget, those are the actual sizes of the drink and fries. P.S. brushing your hair is so last year. I am so excited because we're driving to Chattanooga today to go to a big bookstore so I can buy this: Kara Goucher's Running for Women. It wasn't at my little bookstore here so we're making a trip of it! Plus there's a Starbucks in the store and that alone excites me. 

Yesterday's run was 4.5 miles in in 41:30 (9:13 pace). I may have skipped the scheduled strength training AGAIN and feel like a slacker but I pinky promise that I'll make up for it and do it today instead. 

Are you a curly fry, plain fry, or onion ring kind of person?
Can I vote all 3 please! In order of awesomeness it's onion, curly, plain. The crispier the better. 

Saturday workout details please! I feel so left out having long runs on Tuesday. What are your plans?
Legs are resting but upper body strength training is the plan. 


Comments

  1. Gosh I'll take all three too! I splurge on onion rings once a year. My quota is over for 2011 since the Caveman and I shared some just a couple of weeks ago in FL on spring break.
    Isn't it nuts how you get 'troughs' of super sized food??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally a curly fry person. In fact I love Arby's but there are not many here in the city so whenever my husband go out of town we always get it :) Oh and I am out the door to run 5 this morning.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love curly fries but my favorites are crinkle cut fries, my friends laugh at me because I always ask before ordering at a restaurant if they have them! lol
    I am originally from Charlotte, NC so I have a pretty thick southern accent, I'm sure that's what you are getting a taste of there in GA.
    Today's workout was supposed to be a long run (6 miles) but the weather called for storms so I changed my run last night from 4 to 6 miles and today I am going to take a Zumba class with a friend. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My weekness is french fries...or anything salty/seasoned. Yikes! Saturday workout includes some sort of cardio. It is raining so going to hit the gym. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of them, but seriously maybe have them only about once a year--I would balloon in a heartbeat if I had too many.Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Curly fries, without a doubt! I've heard so much about that book lately, I think I need to go take a look today too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fries are somehow always more tasty when they are curly! I have been slacking on my strength training lately as well, so you hit those weights and do a few extra lifts for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHA that was funny..yes those fries do make you look small! I love curly fries!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg i LOVE frechfries. really anything potato is my jam. Thank you for your sweet comments re: job/PR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmm curly fries. I vote for them. Today was a 16 miler & I ran another .5 more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's ALL about the crisscut fries! There's something about that waffle cut that makes them taste 1 million times better than any other kind!

    No workout plans today. I went to my college campus for their annual open house and stupidly wore flipflops. My feetsies are achy and black from dirt. Yucko!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally would pick all three, and I'm with you on the crispiness.

    I'm actually taking a rare Saturday rest day because of a strangely timed Sunday afternoon trail race tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. totally craving curly fries :) and I LOVE what you said about southern accents...definitely true!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i looooooove curly fries. that pic of you with the GIANT soda and fries is so cute. i really don't want to brush my hair either, haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Race the Bar 5k Recap (AKA: A Personal Worst!)

Do you remember a few weeks back, when I was all braggy about running in Florida in February/March? Sunny mornings around a lake with a light breeze off the water have turned, cruelly, into humid stretches of time where I am humbly reminded of my own limitations. You guys, I see these gazelle-like creatures, men and women alike, who prance on my running route with compression socks, a soft glow of perspiration at their brow. It's beautiful. It's also a harsh reminder that I am not them. I am currently running in the thinnest, smallest items of clothing I can without offending anyone (shirt stays on, people). I dare not step outside without some awful visor or wide-brimmed hat. When I hop in the shower after a run, my face is a deep crimson that causes my husband to voice his concern for my general well-being. Have I mentioned this is what happens after my easy runs, with a few walk breaks thrown in? Yeah. It's humbling. Now, I'm not complaining. It's beautiful

1st Wedding Anniversary--Celebrating with Chocolate!

One year ago today, I married the love of my life. And I couldn't be happier! In celebration of our very first anniversary, here are some pictures of our favorite moments together: Our first trail race together Hiking together in GA And of course, our wonderful wedding in Hong Kong. We both decided to keep things very simple, with a casual ceremony with a few friends and family and then lunch at the Mandarin Oriental. Exactly what I wanted! With our parents after making it official! Our entire wedding party. Just family and dear friends! Goofing around with my garter at the reception lunch! You think you know what couples do after they get married? You know, their first night at man and wife? If you guessed eat ridiculously delicious chocolates in their bed at the Grand Hyatt, you're right.  Oh, I haven't changed. One year later and I still celebrate with sweet things! Thanks Tim, for being a wonderful husband. I love you!

Brace Yourselves: Cuteness is Coming

One of the hardest things about moving, for me, was wondering how the cats would adjust each time. Although our cats are super travelers at this stage, I feel really guilty every time we have to pack them up and force them onto a plane. I remember my grandma telling me years ago that when she moved with a cat, they put butter on their paws. That way, the cats spent the first day in a new house licking their paws to get them clean, and that was enough time to lose the "smell" of the old house. I love that story, and I wish the same principle applied to longer moves. Anyway, that's a super long intro to say that for the fellow cat ladies out there, our three fur babies are insanely happy in this jungle gym of a home here in Florida. It's warm, there are plenty of sunny spots to curl up a take a nap, and they have lots of room to spread out. Despite the space, of course, they still usually want to take a nap on my head at night. Obviously. They also love climbing on ou