Skip to main content

Changes and Flintstone Gummies


I made a few changes to the blog and thought I'd tell you about them. Also, when I say "I" made changes, what I mean is actually that I thought, "hmm...I'd like to change something" and then my awesome hubby did some computer magic stuff and it was different. One day I'll figure out how to work any/all things technological. I promise.

So obviously there are some pictures up there in the header that weren't there before. The stubbly handsome guy is the aforementioned computer wiz, and the other two are of me, appropriately, eating and exercising. There are also some new pages, a section About Me and also one about my past and upcoming Races. Check them out!


The weather is getting warmer here in Georgia, the sun is shining, and I am one happy camper! This morning I used basically every oatmeal add-in I could find to make an amazing breakfast. 



In the mix was sliced strawberries, raw almonds, golden flax, dried cranberries and dried blueberries. And, of course, underneath all of that is some oatmeal. You might think that a small child is staying with me and his Flintstones vitamins got in the picture. But no, those are mine. I hate swallowing pills, and will only do it for something super important. So I buy the chewy children ones instead. I also take a calcium chew every morning. I do eat Greek Yogurt quite a bit, but other than that not a ton of dairy so I like to play it safe. 

Do you take any vitamins/supplements?

Any good plans for the weekend? I think I'll try to get some sun with an outside run today, YEAH!


Comments

  1. That looks like a great breakfast! Love the additions to the blog! I take vitamins, sometimes calcium, and fish oil tablets.

    Thank you so much for the comments on my blog!! There aren't any races at all where we are, so we just try to have our own. :) I'm really excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its an antioxidant rich breakfast! Love that, perfect way to start the weekend. And flinstones? THEY ARE SO TASTY! hehe.
    LC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your breakfast looks SO tasty! I hate taking vitamins....maybe i should be trying the flinstones gummies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for commenting/following my blog :) I am excited to follow yours as well!

    That oatmeal looks delicious. I started taking a daily vitamin, glucosamine, fiber, fish oil and glutamine a few weeks ago...who knows if it helps but I like to think they do...haha!

    I was looking at your past races and about me...soooo cool that you ran trail races in Hong Kong...that sounds amazing! I have some family that lives in GA and I really want to try and visit them for Thanksgiving to run the Atlanta Half Marathon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been taking the gummy vitamins for the past few years. I actually have to hold myself back from taking too many every day. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Race the Bar 5k Recap (AKA: A Personal Worst!)

Do you remember a few weeks back, when I was all braggy about running in Florida in February/March? Sunny mornings around a lake with a light breeze off the water have turned, cruelly, into humid stretches of time where I am humbly reminded of my own limitations. You guys, I see these gazelle-like creatures, men and women alike, who prance on my running route with compression socks, a soft glow of perspiration at their brow. It's beautiful. It's also a harsh reminder that I am not them. I am currently running in the thinnest, smallest items of clothing I can without offending anyone (shirt stays on, people). I dare not step outside without some awful visor or wide-brimmed hat. When I hop in the shower after a run, my face is a deep crimson that causes my husband to voice his concern for my general well-being. Have I mentioned this is what happens after my easy runs, with a few walk breaks thrown in? Yeah. It's humbling. Now, I'm not complaining. It's beautiful

1st Wedding Anniversary--Celebrating with Chocolate!

One year ago today, I married the love of my life. And I couldn't be happier! In celebration of our very first anniversary, here are some pictures of our favorite moments together: Our first trail race together Hiking together in GA And of course, our wonderful wedding in Hong Kong. We both decided to keep things very simple, with a casual ceremony with a few friends and family and then lunch at the Mandarin Oriental. Exactly what I wanted! With our parents after making it official! Our entire wedding party. Just family and dear friends! Goofing around with my garter at the reception lunch! You think you know what couples do after they get married? You know, their first night at man and wife? If you guessed eat ridiculously delicious chocolates in their bed at the Grand Hyatt, you're right.  Oh, I haven't changed. One year later and I still celebrate with sweet things! Thanks Tim, for being a wonderful husband. I love you!

Brace Yourselves: Cuteness is Coming

One of the hardest things about moving, for me, was wondering how the cats would adjust each time. Although our cats are super travelers at this stage, I feel really guilty every time we have to pack them up and force them onto a plane. I remember my grandma telling me years ago that when she moved with a cat, they put butter on their paws. That way, the cats spent the first day in a new house licking their paws to get them clean, and that was enough time to lose the "smell" of the old house. I love that story, and I wish the same principle applied to longer moves. Anyway, that's a super long intro to say that for the fellow cat ladies out there, our three fur babies are insanely happy in this jungle gym of a home here in Florida. It's warm, there are plenty of sunny spots to curl up a take a nap, and they have lots of room to spread out. Despite the space, of course, they still usually want to take a nap on my head at night. Obviously. They also love climbing on ou